Victoria Street Medical Group Billing Policy
From 1st April 2023, ONLY VSMG-patients who have attended the medical centre in the past 2 years will continue to be bulk billed for general medical consults, this is our ongoing commitment to our existing patients. In addition, all surgical procedures carried out in the medical centre treatment room for all patients will be privately billed. Please enquire about the fee carefully while booking your procedure/ appointment. Full fee must be paid on the day of the procedure and the medicare rebate is available immediately for eligible procedures to patients who hold a medicare card. Overseas students and Visitors with health cover will have to pay in full on the day of the procedure and claim their rebate from their health care provider ALLIANZ, BUPA, AHM, NIB, Medibank and IMAN.
In most cases, ALLIANZ, BUPA, AHM, NIB, Medibank and IMAN clients may only be required to pay the gap on the day if they present a valid membership card.
Procedures attracting treatment room fee include:
- Wound dressing
- Ear syringing
- IUCD Mirena or Copper Removal
- Implanon NXT insertion
- Implanon NXT removal
- Implanon NXT replacement (removal & insertion).
- Punch Biopsy.
- Excision Biopsy
- Excision of Lesion Lipoma/Sebaceous Cyst
- Wound clean and suture
- Removal of subcutaneous foreign body
- Foreign body removal from eye/ear/nose
- Removal of IUCD (Mirena or copper)
- other minor surgical procedures.
Please make all fee enquiries with our reception staff at the time of booking your procedure
New patients of VSMG & existing patients who have not attended the practice for 2 years will be privately billed from 1st April 2023
Patients new to the practice and those who have not attended VSMG for the past 2 years will be charged the following fees from 1st April 2023. Patients with HCC, pension card or children under 16 will be charged a ONE-OFF fee for their first consult and will be bulk-billed subsequently, all other new patients will continue to be privately billed.
- Standard Consultation-< 20min Fee: $70.00 Rebate: $39.75 Gap: $30.25
- Long Consultation- 20-40min $110.00 $76.95 $33.04
- Prolonged Consultation- >40min $160.00 $113.30 $46.70
- Mental Health Plan- $150.00 $96.25 $53.75
- Mental Health Plan Review- $110.00 $75.80 $34.20
- For surgical procedures other consult types not listed, please contact our reception staff
Overseas Student and Visitor Health Cover (OSHC & OVHC)
Overseas students and Visitors with health cover will have to pay in full on the day of the consult or procedure and claim their rebate from from their health care provider ALLIANZ, BUPA, AHM, NIB, Medibank and IMAN. Please present your medical insurers card to reception on arrival.
Students & Visitors with eligible OSHC/OVHC cards
- Standard Consultation-< 20min $70.00
- Long Consultation- 20-40min $110.00
- Prolonged Consultation- >40min $160.00
- Mental Health Plan- $150.00
- Mental Health Plan Review- $110.00
- For surgical procedures please contact our reception staff for fee details
OSHC/OVHC patients may need to take invoice to their insurer to claim rebates.In many cases, ALLIANZ, BUPA, AHM, NIB, Medibank and IMAN clients may only be required to pay the gap on the day if they present a valid membership card.If you have any queries regarding OSHC or OVHC billing, please discuss with our reception staff.
Overseas visitors and patients with no Health Insurance
Overseas visitors and patients without any form of health insurance will be charged the above fees for a standard medical consult on the day with no rebate. This must be paid prior to seeing the doctor / nurse or prior to TeleHealth consultation. If a longer or more complicated consultation eventuates, an additional fee may be payable after the consultation. If a surgical procedure is required, the full fee must be paid prior to the procedure. Fees not fully paid on the day of consultation/procedure will attract additional administrative fee of $10.00
To inquire about the fee for a particular surgical procedure, or medical consult, please inquire from our friendly medical receptionists.